The Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network is an alliance of leading hospitals and clinicians who share a common vision of excellence in health care. We’re led by doctors committed to high quality, patient-centered health care in communities across Tennessee. Our network of leading health care professionals, clinics and hospitals was built to confront chronic population health challenges and reshape health care delivery to be more efficient, effective, and less costly for millions of people.
The network inspires and empowers hospitals and physician practices to work together toward a vision of better health care while benefiting from shared knowledge and resources. It allows businesses, employers, and other health systems to benefit from the insights and solutions that this powerful group of health care leaders creates.
We empower our participating hospitals and physicians with the structure and incentives to collaborate in ways that improve the health of their employees, patients, and communities. Our network is built on a collaborative, shared savings structure that rewards providers for quality and efficiency.
We also have a robust pediatric program, thanks to the participation of Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and more than 700 physicians trained in pediatric primary and specialty care.
How does the network benefit clinicians?
We have a successful track record of delivering quality and value. Our approach is working for more than 150,000 health plan members. When you participate in our network, your practice will benefit in the following ways:
- Shared savings rewards: The network offers an opportunity to create value for patients and employers and be rewarded out of that value.
- Assistance with value-based care standards: Practices can receive support and financial incentives to transition to value-based care through the Transforming Clinical Practices Initiative (TCPI).
- Evidence-based quality standards: By participating in the network, clinicians can be a part of quality programs founded on evidence-based medicine in collaboration with leading regional medical centers.
- A voice in decision-making: We are the largest clinician-organized network in the region. From the practice level to network-wide executive committees and hospital leadership, physicians set the course for the organization.
- Continued independence: When you join us, you will still be independent. Your practice will benefit from the learning and collaboration with 12 health systems from Memphis to Johnson City, as well as more than 50 hospitals and thousands of clinicians.
- Physician-centered care coordination: Our care coordination programs are run in collaboration with physicians, not as stand-alone phone-based services. We offer face-to-face services with the patient in the hospital, physician practice, or at home.