The Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network is a physician-led alliance of clinicians and health systems driving a new level of innovation and teamwork to enhance patient care, contain costs and improve the health of communities in Tennessee and surrounding states.
We use a collaborative approach to support clinicians and healthcare organizations in the evolution to value-based care. Our network includes more than 5,000 clinicians, 60 hospitals, 12 health systems and hundreds of physician practices and clinics.
We empower our participating hospitals and physicians with the structure and incentives to collaborate in ways that improve the health of their employees, patients, and communities. Our network is built on a collaborative, shared savings structure that rewards providers for quality and efficiency.
We also have a robust pediatric program, thanks to the participation of Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and more than 700 physicians trained in pediatric primary and specialty care.
How does the network benefit clinicians?
We have a successful track record of delivering quality and value. Our approach is working for more than 300,000 health plan members. When you participate in our network, your practice can benefit in the following ways:
- Shared savings rewards: The network offers clinicians an opportunity to share in the value they create by providing high-quality care.
- Assistance with value-based care standards: Practices can receive support and financial incentives to transition to value-based care through the Transforming Clinical Practices Initiative (TCPI).
- Evidence-based quality standards: By participating in the network, clinicians can be a part of quality programs founded on evidence-based medicine in collaboration with leading regional medical centers.
- A voice in decision-making: We are the largest clinician-organized network in the region. From the practice level to network-wide executive committees and hospital leadership, physicians set the course for the organization.
- Continued independence: When you join us, you will still be independent. Your practice will benefit from the learning and collaboration with 12 health systems from Memphis to Johnson City, as well as more than 60 hospitals and thousands of clinicians.
- Physician-centered care coordination: Our care coordination programs are run in collaboration with physicians, not as stand-alone phone-based services. We offer face-to-face services with the patient in the hospital, physician practice, or at home.