New Resource: Cancer Screening Best Practice Guide
Network members across the region are exploring new ways to engage patients in important preventive cancer screenings. VHAN has aggregated these best practices into a quick reference guide that focuses on practical ways to improve workflows and patient engagement to increase breast, colorectal and cervical cancer screenings.
Within the Cancer Screening Best Practice Guide, you’ll find:
- Foundational, intermediate and advanced strategies for optimizing cancer screening engagement
- A brief practice assessment to identify which strategies apply to your practice
- Process improvement ideas for clinic workflows
- Program and event ideas, such as the FluFIT program and Mammo Mondays
- EMR optimization opportunities
- Cancer screening guidelines and payor attestation opportunities
You can download the cancer screening guide here. We created this guide to support your year-end quality goals as well as provide new ideas for next year. In the coming weeks, new episodes of the miniVHAN podcast will feature additional ways to engage patients.
If you have questions about how your practice can implement any of these strategies, please reach out to your network contact or email us at email@example.com.