Unwinding the COVID-19 PHE: Key Resources for VHAN Members
Last month the Biden-Harris administration announced that the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) will end on May 11. This will have large impacts on Medicare ACO programs as well as TennCare recipients. Here are a few items that members should be aware of:
- The PHE included many policies that will affect ACOs, including those related to assistance with shared losses, quality reporting and more. In the coming weeks NAACOS will share resources to help ACOs navigate the post-PHE landscape. For now, learn more about the implications of the PHE ending in this CMS road map.
- CMS has shared several other resources to aid in the preparation of the PHE ending. Below are a few materials that reflect the most recent changes:
- Provider-specific fact sheets for information about COVID-19 PHE waivers and flexibilities
- CMS 1135 Waiver / Flexibility Request and Inquiry Form
- Acute Hospital At Home
- Beginning April 1, 2023, TennCare members will begin to go through the state and federally required redetermination process to determine continued eligibility for TennCare. During this transition period, TennCare hopes to minimize gaps in healthcare coverage. You can learn more about TennCare’s unwinding plan here.