VHAN Achieves Largest-Ever Shared Savings Distribution
This year VHAN will distribute $17.7 million in shared savings and performance bonuses from Health Plans, Aetna, Aetna MA, United Healthcare and Humana contracts, thanks to our members’ outstanding performance in 2021. These results mean that VHAN has achieved its eighth straight year of shared savings distributions to members and health plans.
These achievements are important signs that the dedication and hard work of our VHAN member organizations have achieved tangible value and measurable impact to patients, families and communities by offering access to high-quality, affordable health care. Here are some key wins from 2021’s performance:
- ·For the fourth consecutive year, VHAN achieved 100% performance for all Aetna contracted quality measure targets.
- VHAN members scored higher than Aetna’s Q4 national average on several measures, including:
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care: HbA1c poor control >9.0%
- Well-Child/Pediatric Visits in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Years of Life
- Appropriate Treatment for Upper Respiratory Infection (URI)
Thank you for providing quality care to patients across the Southeast. In the next few months, look for VHAN’s second annual impact report, highlighting the 2021 performance of network members. Reach out to email@example.com with any questions.